Hong Kong is a unique city and there are plenty of interesting facts about Hong Kong.
- The city’s name, Hong Kong means Fragrant Harbor
- Hong Kong has more Rolls Royce’s per person than any other city in the world.
- Hong Kong has the most skyscrapers in the world. Classified as buildings with more than 14 floors, Hong Kong has around 8000, almost double that of New York its nearest rival.
- Hong Kong is the Special Administrative Region (SAR) of China, with its own mini-constitution (the Basic Law).
- Hong Kong is counted amongst the most densely populated areas of the world.
- While designing a building in Hong King, Feng Shui (wind/water beliefs) is taken to be an important consideration.
- In Hong Kong, people eat long noodles on their birthday, so they might be blessed with a long life.
- The new airport of Hong Kong is on Lantau Island. It is linked to the mainland by the Tsing Ma Bridge, one of the longest suspension bridges in the world.
Planning your trip
Immigration Department: www.immd.gov.hk
Hong Kong airport: www.hongkongairport.com
During your stay
Hong Kongtourism: www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/